Dental amalgam is a liquid mercury-based alloy used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth. It has been used for dental restoration for over 150 years and is still considered one of the most effective and durable materials available. Mercury makes up approximately 50% of dental amalgam by weight and gives it its distinctive silver color.
Dental amalgam is a popular dental filling material that is composed of a mixture of mercury, silver, and tin. While it is an effective material for restoring teeth, it can also pose a health risk to dental professionals and their patients. One way to reduce this risk is by using a dental amalgam carrier. A dental amalgam carrier is a device that holds the amalgam in place while it is being placed in the tooth. This reduces the amount of exposure to mercury vapor that both the dentist and patient experience.
Dental Amalgam Carrier is the perfect tool for scooping up amalgam and placing it into the opening of a tooth. It is made with high quality medical grade materials, so it is built to last. This carrier will make your dental work easier and more efficient, and it is a great value compared to similar products on the market.
Dental Amalgam Carrier
The dental amalgam carrier is a handheld, manual device that is used to place dental amalgam (silver filling) into cavities. The carrier has a round, cylindrical body with a handle and a small, slightly blunt tip on the both sides. There is a thumbscrew on the side of the carrier that can be turned to adjust the size of the opening at the tip.
The opening tip size of a Dental Amalgam Carrier typically ranges from 1.5mm to 3mm in diameter. This allows for the easy placement of dental amalgam into cavities. The carrier is also made with a curved design so that it can better fit into the dental cavity and provide stability while the amalgam sets.
The size of the opening is important because it determines how much dental amalgam can be placed in the cavity at one time. Too much amalgam will cause it to overflow and spill out, while too little will mean that the cavity won’t be properly filled.
Benefits of Dental Amalgam Carrier
There are a number of benefits to using a dental amalgam carrier when filling cavities.
- When using a dental amalgam carrier, you can achieve a much higher level of accuracy than when using traditional methods. This is because the carrier helps to keep the amalgam in place, ensuring that it is correctly placed in the tooth cavity
- Another key benefit of using a dental amalgam carrier is that it reduces the risk of injury. This is because it helps to stabilize the amalgam and prevents it from coming into contact with sensitive areas around the mouth.
- With an amalgam carrier, magnification is used to help the dentist place the material more accurately, leading to improved results.
- One of the benefits of using a dental amalgam carrier is that it is ergonomic. This means that it is designed to fit comfortably in your hand and to make it easy to hold and use.
- The undoubtedly highest quality dental amalgam carriers are made with medical grade materials that ensure their longevity.
- Additionally, a dental amalgam carrier is lightweight, making it easy to control and maneuver.
- It also helps to evenly distribute the pressure of the amalgam material as it’s being applied, which leads to a more consistent fill.
How does a Dental Amalgam Carrier work?
A dental amalgam carrier is a device that is used to place and remove dental amalgam. It usually consists of a metal frame with a number of clamps that are used to hold the amalgam in place while it sets. The carrier is then inserted into the tooth cavity, where it delivers the amalgam to the prepared site.The carrier also has a hole in the top so that the dentist can remove the excess amalgam from around the teeth.
The amalgam is inserted into the hole in the lid, and then the lid is closed. As the amalgam hardens, it contracts and forms a tight seal around the tooth. This seals out bacteria and prevents infection.
In which procedures dental amalgam carrier used?
Dental amalgam carriers are used in a variety of dental procedures, including fillings, sealants, and bonding. In each of these procedures, the amalgam carrier is used to hold the dental amalgam in place while it hardens.
Precautions while using Dental Amalgam Carrier
There are a few precautions that should be taken when using a dental amalgam carrier.
- First, always make sure the area around the tooth being worked on is clean and free of debris.
- Second, be very careful not to overfill the dental amalgam carrier, as this can cause problems with the dental amalgam later on.
- Finally, make sure to cure the dental amalgam completely before attempting to remove it from the tooth. Failure to do so may result in damage to the tooth.
If you are looking for a dental instrument that is both ergonomic and efficient, look no further than OSUNG Dental Amalgam Carrier! This product is made with the highest quality materials and will last longer than comparable products on the market. It is perfect for scooping up amalgam and placing it into the opening of the tooth. With its easy-to-use design, Dental Amalgam Carrier makes dental work easier than ever before!
Hurry up! The offer ends soon. Click on the Buy now button and get a discount for your purchase.