A dental luxating elevator is a specially designed dental instrument that is used to remove teeth. It is a small hand tool that has thin working ends that help to gently lift and manipulate teeth. This instrument can be helpful for removing teeth that are stuck in place, or for repositioning teeth prior to bonding of orthodontic treatment. It is important to use a dental luxating elevator carefully, as it can cause damage if used improperly.
A dental luxating elevator is a handheld surgical instrument used to move teeth or jawbones. It has a pointed end that is inserted into the space between the tooth and gum, and a lever that is used to apply pressure and pull the tooth out of its socket.
Benefits of using Dental Luxating Elevator
The benefits of using a dental luxating elevator include the following:
- It is less invasive than using forceps to extract a tooth.
- It can be used in difficult-to-reach areas, such as the molars at the back of the mouth.
- It is less traumatic for the patient than traditional extraction methods.
- A dental luxating elevator is ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand, with a soft-grip handle for extra control.
- This precision instrument is made of high-quality stainless steel and is autoclavable for easy sterilization.
- Its sharp, beveled edges make it perfect for separating the tooth from the surrounding tissues, while its slender size allows it to fit into tight spaces.
- It has the ability to remove teeth without causing damage to the surrounding tissue.
- It’s more precise than using manual force, so it can minimally disturb the surrounding tissue.
- It allows for greater control over the extraction process, which helps to prevent damage to the root of the tooth.
Uses of Dental Luxating Elevator
A dental luxating elevator is a tool used by dentists to help dislodge and remove teeth from their sockets. It has a curved shaft with a pointed end that fits into the space between the tooth and socket, and a lever or handle on the other end that provides leverage for extraction.
The dental luxating elevator is most commonly used in cases of impacted wisdom teeth, where the tooth has become trapped in the jawbone and cannot be easily removed using forceps or other traditional extraction methods. The elevator can also be helpful in cases of loose or mobile teeth, where there is not enough bone support to hold the tooth in place.
How does the Dental Luxating Elevator work?
A dental luxating elevator is a tool used to move teeth in the dental office. It has a small, curved blade on one end and a handle on the other. The blade is inserted into the space between the tooth and gum tissue. The handle is then twisted to move the blade up and down, separating the tooth from the gum tissue.
When is the Dental Luxating Elevator used?
The luxating elevator is used when, during the closure of the mouth, the tooth cannot be brought into occlusion because its palatal surface is not in contact with the opposing tooth’s palatal surface. Instead, the tooth is displaced mesially or distally. In other words, it is used when a tooth pops up out of place and won’t stay in place during normal biting and chewing activities.
A luxating elevator can be used to push a tooth back into position, or it can be used to hold a tooth in place while an orthodontic band is placed around it.
Tips for using a Dental Luxating Elevator safely and effectively
When using a dental luxating elevator, it’s important to remember that the instrument is designed for delicate and controlled use. Here are some tips for using a dental luxating elevator safely and effectively:
- Always handle the instrument with care, being especially careful when inserting or removing it from the patient’s mouth.
- Make sure the instrument is properly lubricated before use. Lubrication will help reduce friction and minimize the risk of injury.
- Use gentle pressure when manipulating the instrument. Too much pressure can damage teeth or gums.
- Be aware of your own hand position and ensure that you’re not putting excessive force on the elevator itself.
- Only use the dental luxating elevator for its intended purpose – don’t try to use it as a lever or pry tool.
The Dental Luxating Elevator is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of dental procedures. It is made of high-quality surgical stainless steel, and it is very easy to use. The elevator is perfect for quickly and easily removing teeth or dental implants. It can also be used for root canals, periapical surgery, and other procedures.
The Dental Luxating Elevator is an essential tool for any dentist’s toolkit. It is well-constructed and easy to use, making it the perfect choice for any dental procedure.
Want to save some money? Click on the Buy Now button above and get a discount!